Nominate West Virginia Lock Up in the Best New and Best Law Blogs

The 2009 Weblog Awards
Whoever happens to stop by this blog may wonder why I started it. Whenever I read news stories online I always like to put a face to the story. So I got to thinking maybe other people would as well. I always keep up on WV news and most stories don't have the mugshots with them so I hunt them up online and post them with the story. It's not that hard and I don't know why the state news sites don't do it

Friday, October 23, 2009

Megan Williams Defendant Says Williams Was Tortured


Frankie Brewster is doing 10-to-25 years in prison for her guilty plea to sexual assault in the Megan Williams case. Williams, a black woman, reported she was kidnapped, tortured and raped by 7 white men and women in Logan County in 2007. Brewster and the other defendants plead guilty.

On Wednesday, an attorney for Williams held a news conference to say Williams was recanting the whole story, but even Brewster who could benefit from that claim doesn`t believe her now. While Brewster says she might take her chances at trial if she had it to do over again, she says that Megan Williams is not telling the truth now-- that the crimes did happen. Brewster says: " It did happen." "All of us participated." "There was a crime committed or a multitude of crimes committed."

Brewster claims it wasn`t race or Williams` boyfriend-girlfriend relationship breakup with her son, Bobby Brewster, another defendant, the started the trouble. She says Karen Burton told others Williams took some money and a food stamp card. Brewster says she was not the ringleader. "I wasn`t, Karen initiated everything." She was cautious about her own part saying: "I don`t want to say no and I don`t want to say yes." But she admitted improper contact with the victim.

Brian Abraham, former Logan County prosecutor says: " These people are entitled to a fair review of their case, but I have no doubt it will remain as it is." Brewster says not all the crime happened at her trailer. She says " I just want the truth out and for people take responsibility for what they did." Bob Aaron, Eyewitness News, Mason County.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP