Nominate West Virginia Lock Up in the Best New and Best Law Blogs

The 2009 Weblog Awards
Whoever happens to stop by this blog may wonder why I started it. Whenever I read news stories online I always like to put a face to the story. So I got to thinking maybe other people would as well. I always keep up on WV news and most stories don't have the mugshots with them so I hunt them up online and post them with the story. It's not that hard and I don't know why the state news sites don't do it

Friday, October 23, 2009

Raleigh man jailed in stabbing incident


BECKLEY, W.Va. -- A Raleigh County man was in jail Friday in connection with a stabbing in Bradley.

James Pruett, 33, of Bradley was arrested by Raleigh County sheriff's deputies after a fatal stabbing at the Bay Manor Apartments in Beckley, according to a press release issued by the Raleigh County Sheriff's Department.


Authorities believe Pruett got into a domestic dispute at the apartment complex about 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Deputies are not releasing the name of the victim pending notification of relatives.


Pruett was charged with voluntary manslaughter in connection with the stabbing. He was being held in the Southern Regional Jail on Friday morning awaiting arraignment.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP