Nominate West Virginia Lock Up in the Best New and Best Law Blogs

The 2009 Weblog Awards
Whoever happens to stop by this blog may wonder why I started it. Whenever I read news stories online I always like to put a face to the story. So I got to thinking maybe other people would as well. I always keep up on WV news and most stories don't have the mugshots with them so I hunt them up online and post them with the story. It's not that hard and I don't know why the state news sites don't do it

Monday, November 16, 2009

Arrest made in weekend murder


EAST LYNN -- Police in Wayne County have made an arrest in a weekend murder.
According to authorities, Brad Stapleton, 31, of East Lynn, was killed at his home on Bartram Fork Road around 2 a.m. Saturday. Roy Ellison Steele, 26, was arrested and charged with murder.

The two men, along with the victim’s wife, were drinking at the victim’s home. According to police reports, Stapleton left, then came back and the two men began to fight which progressed outside the home.

The victim’s wife told Detective Maynard of the Wayne County Sheriff's Department, that Steele hit her husband in the head with a crowbar.

Stapleton was pronounced dead at the scene. Steele was later arrested in his home.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP