Nominate West Virginia Lock Up in the Best New and Best Law Blogs

The 2009 Weblog Awards
Whoever happens to stop by this blog may wonder why I started it. Whenever I read news stories online I always like to put a face to the story. So I got to thinking maybe other people would as well. I always keep up on WV news and most stories don't have the mugshots with them so I hunt them up online and post them with the story. It's not that hard and I don't know why the state news sites don't do it

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Man indicted for murder


WINFIELD, W.Va. -- A Red House man was indicted this week in the shooting death of a woman in her home and the attempted murder of her fiancé.


Jesse J. Cossin, 21, was indicted by a Putnam County grand jury on charges of murder in the first degree and attempted murder in connection with the Feb. 19 shooting of 20-year-old Angela Dawn Casto and Nick Hanshaw in their home in Red House.


Cossin allegedly knocked on Casto's and Hanshaw's door, then opened fire, hitting Casto in the chest and Hanshaw, 24, in the leg.


Cossin struggled with Hanshaw before fleeing. Casto was pronounced dead at the scene. Police found Cossin hiding in the area.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP