Nominate West Virginia Lock Up in the Best New and Best Law Blogs

The 2009 Weblog Awards
Whoever happens to stop by this blog may wonder why I started it. Whenever I read news stories online I always like to put a face to the story. So I got to thinking maybe other people would as well. I always keep up on WV news and most stories don't have the mugshots with them so I hunt them up online and post them with the story. It's not that hard and I don't know why the state news sites don't do it

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Man gets 1 to 5 yrs for assault


A man accused of kidnapping a juvenile could spend the next 5 years behind bars.

Lindsey Tibbs was sentenced to 1 to 5 years for unlawful assault Monday in Judge J.D. Beane's courtroom.

Tibbs was arrested in February 2007.

Police say he allegedly kidnapped a juvenile after a drug deal gone bad.

Authorities say Tibbs and another individual demanded money and then assaulted the victim.

He was orginally charged with kidnapping, which is a capital offense.

Tibbs pleaded guilty to the unlawful assault charge in a plea agreement with the state.

He's in the North Central Regional Jail

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP